All 3D Mammograms
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center offers an exceptional level of care and comfort for women in Aiken and surrounding areas. It’s important to maintain your breast health, that's why we offer women advanced technology that includes:
- 3D Digital Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- Routine X-rays
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a digital mammogram or other women's imaging services, please call 803-641-5808. For more information about the Women’s Breast Health and Imaging Center, please call 803-641-5065.
One in eight women will develop
breast cancer in her lifetime
Breast cancer is the second leading cause
of death in American women
When localized breast cancer is caught
early, the five-year survival rate is 99%
3D mammography may increase breast
cancer detection rates by about 40%
Sources: National Cancer Institute, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), US Department of Health and Human Services
The Women’s Breast Health and Imaging Center at Aiken Regional offers 3D mammography, or breast tomosynthesis.* More advanced than traditional film mammography, the 3D process examines breast tissue, layer by layer, through up to 60 digital images. It may find harder-to-detect abnormalities early when breast cancer may be more easily treated.
Get Your Mammogram
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center is the Central Savannah River Area's only dedicated free-standing women's imaging center and it includes:
- All-female staff
- Certified mammography technicians
- A breast health nurse navigator
- Board-certified radiologists and surgeons
Sign up for our mammogram reminder program — it’s one appointment each year that could save your life.
Advantages of Digital Mammograms
Digital mammography provides a number of advantages over traditional screen film mammography.
- It provides sharper, more detailed images than screen film imaging.
- Studies have shown that the use of digital mammography equipment results in a significant increase in the number of breast cancers detected in women 50 and younger, or women with dense breasts, than with traditional film imaging.
- Quicker mammograms because there is no need to wait for film images to be developed.
- Images can be viewed immediately by technologists and radiologists.
- Images can be easily and quickly transferred electronically, with no loss of image quality.
- The detailed digital images can help radiologists detect micro-calcifications that may be missed on traditional mammograms.
- Research has shown than 3D Mammography may lead to fewer call-backs and the need for repeat images.
Fighting Cancer – It Takes A Village
A breast cancer diagnosis did not deter these five warriors. Read the stories of these remarkably courageous women who faced the many challenges of breast cancer and came out on top!
Recognized for Quality
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center
400 Medical Park Drive
Aiken, SC 29801
(on the campus of Aiken Regional Medical Centers)
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
* Aiken Regional has adopted the Hologic® Genius™ 3D Mammography™ Exam