An Exceptional Level of Care and Comfort
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center offers an exceptional level of care and comfort for women in Aiken and surrounding areas. The convenience of centrally located diagnostic and imaging services makes healthcare easier and more manageable for women in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA).
Services Available Include:
- Digital mammography
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Bone densitometry
- Routine X-rays
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and certified by the Food and Drug Administration.
"We Are Living Hope"
Read the stories of four remarkably courageous women who faced the many challenges of breast cancer and came out on top!
Get the digital advantage at Aiken Regional Medical Centers. The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center provides all-digital mammography imaging, which can help detect breast cancer at early stages, when it's most treatable.
The CSRA's only dedicated free-standing women's imaging center includes:
- All-female staff
- Certified mammography technicians
- A breast health nurse navigator
- Board-certified radiologists and surgeons
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center is a Pink Ribbon Facility. This means it has been recognized as providing excellence in breast health paired with an exceptional commitment and support to the women of the community.
Get Your Mammogram
Will You Remember to Get Your Annual Mammogram?
Sign up for Aiken Regional Medical Centers’ mammogram reminder program—it’s one appointment each year that could save your life.
Why Digital Mammography?
Digital mammography provides a number of advantages over traditional screen film mammography.
- Digital mammography provides sharper, more detailed images than screen film imaging.
- Studies have shown that the use of digital mammography equipment results in a significant increase in the number of breast cancers detected in women 50 and younger, or women with dense breasts, than with traditional film imaging.
- Quicker mammograms because there is no need to wait for film images to be developed.
- Images can be viewed immediately by technologists and radiologists.
- Images can be easily and quickly transferred electronically, with no loss of image quality.
- Computers can help radiologists detect micro-calcifications that may be missed on traditional film mammograms.
Find a Women's Imaging Specialist
To receive a digital mammogram or other women's imaging service, please call us at 803-641-5065 for more information or 803-641-5808 to schedule an appointment.
The Women's Breast Health and Imaging Center
400 Medical Park Drive
Aiken, SC 29801
(on the campus of Aiken Regional Medical Centers)