A Recognized Leader in Patient Safety
In 1917, Aiken socialites donated money to start the Aiken Hospital and Relief Society, known today as Aiken Regional Medical Centers®. Located in Aiken, South Carolina, which was named 2018's “Best Small Town in the South” by Southern Living Magazine, Aiken Regional Medical Centers is a 273 licensed-bed acute care hospital facility that offers a comprehensive range of specialties and services.
We Are Aiken Regional
Our team is dedicated to patient safety and providing quality healthcare services, many of which are recognized on a state, regional or national level:
- Four Zero Harm Awards 2023
- "A" Grade in the Fall 2023 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospital for Heart Failure (2023-24)
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospital for Stroke (2023-24)
- Certified Primary Heart Attack Center (CPHA) by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association® (ASA)/American Heart Association® (AHA)
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and ASA/AHA
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure Center by The Joint Commission and ASA/AHA
- Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure, GOLD PLUS with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite 2023
- Get With The Guidelines® Stroke, GOLD PLUS with Target: Heart Failure Honor Roll and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
- 2023 Mission: Lifeline Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association
- Designated a Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care from Blue Cross® of South Carolina
- Recognized by Hologic® as a Pink Ribbon Facility
- Wound Healing Institute of Carolina Recognized with Center of Distinction Award from Healogics®
- Wound Healing Institute of Carolina Recognized with Robert A. Warriner, III Center of Excellence from Healogics®
Aiken Regional receives more than 42,000 emergency room visits, performs nearly 9,000 surgeries and delivers over 1,100 babies each year. The hospital has more than 1,200 skilled healthcare/support professionals, a team of more than 200 multi-specialty physicians and volunteers to help the hospital continue to provide quality care.
Our goal is to provide superior quality healthcare to our patients. We are compassionate and responsive to the needs of those in our care. Through our relentless focus on quality, we are working to change lives and transform the delivery of care. It is imperative that all individuals in our served communities have access to the care they need.
As a patient, you have the right to respectful and considerate care. In addition, there are specific rights and responsibilities you also have during your hospital stay. The hospital prohibits discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
Partnering With Community Organizations
We partner with community organizations to ensure healthcare equity, identifying the unique needs of our respective community and developing programs, services and events to meet and fully address these needs. If you would like to partner with us, please contact:
Director of Business Development
302 University Parkway,
Aiken, SC 29801
Aiken Regional is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the State of South Carolina.
Aiken Regional is operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services.