If you’re having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers
302 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Aiken Regional Medical Centers' Emergency Department (ED) is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by emergency medicine-trained physicians, nurses and staff. Our goal is to provide high-quality, compassionate treatment in a timely manner. Aiken Regional Medical Centers is on the cutting edge of technology and equipment to ensure we can provide the most advanced care for our patients.
What to Expect When Arriving for Care
Sudden illness or injury can occur without warning, and while no one typically plans a trip to the ER, everyone should know what to expect after they arrive.
ER at Sweetwater Coming Soon
This new freestanding emergency department is scheduled to open in Summer 2022.
Heart Attack Care
Our Emergency Department physicians are board-certified in emergency medicine and follow national guidelines to provide heart attack and stroke patients with the right treatments, right away.
Aiken Regional Medical Center is a certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. This means it has been recognized for meeting standards that foster better outcomes for stroke care. Aiken has also earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Patient Spotlight: Walt
Aiken Regional Medical Centers helped Walt, and they can help you, too.
Fast Facts about Aiken's ED
- 35 beds
- Care for more than 42,000 patients annually
- Newly renovated and updated treatment area adjacent to triage
- Bedside registration
- Nursing staff present to immediately assess patient's condition upon arrival
- Highly trained and experienced professional staff
- Direct access to radiology (Radiology suite in the ED)
- Direct access to pharmacy (24/7 pharmacy coverage)
- 24/7 Hospitalist coverage for ED inpatient admissions
- Specialty consults available as needed
If you are having an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately!
For other concerns or questions, call the Emergency Department at 803-641-5100.