Imaging Services for Southside Residents
Residents in Aiken's Southside can get high quality medical imaging services close to home. Southside Imaging Center, operated by Aiken Regional Medical Centers, serves the fast-growing Southside section of town with board-certified radiologists. At Southside Imaging Center, you'll find some of the most advanced imaging technology available, resulting in shorter exam times, maximum comfort and quicker, more accurate results than with older technology.
Services provided at Southside Imaging Center include:
- High-field Large Bore MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Multi-slice CT (computed tomography)
- 3D Digital Mammography
- Diagnostic radiology services
Imaging equipment used at Southside Imaging Center includes:
Philips Ambient Experience — Designed with comfort in mind during a potentially stressful scan, this room makes a key difference in how calm, in control and comfortable a patient may feel.
Philips Panorama 1.0T MR Scanner — This scanner includes an open design to help put patients at ease, including larger patients and those who suffer claustrophobia.
- Allows doctors to see images of your internal organs and structures in great detail from many angles
- Uses a powerful magnet in conjunction with radio frequency waves to generate images of your internal organs and structures
Toshiba Aquilion 16-slice CT — Enhanced for greater comfort and safety, this machine provides faster exams and improved image quality, allowing quicker diagnosis and less need for repeat procedures. It can rotate around your entire body in 400 milliseconds, reducing image distortion of moving organs.
- Technology allows doctors to quickly determine the extent of diseases
- Produces the highest image quality available while significantly reducing radiation and contrast dose
Siemens Acuson S2000 Ultrasound — This advanced ultrasound technology dramatically enhances image quality, producing the most photo-realistic ultrasound images available. Versatility and imaging capabilities help create a more comfortable and time-efficient exam.
X-ray and digital mammogram machines are also available at the Imaging Center.
Location and Hours of Operation
Southside Imaging Center
430 Society Hill Drive (Inside the Village at Woodside)
Aiken, SC 29803
Southside Imaging Services: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
Lab Services: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 803-641-5808.
Make an Imaging Appointment
To make an appointment at Southside Imaging Center, call 803-641-5808.