Caring for More than 51,000 Patients Annually
Aiken Regional Medical Centers' Emergency Department (ED) is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by emergency medicine-trained physicians, nurses and staff. Our goal is to provide high-quality, compassionate treatment in a timely manner. Aiken Regional Medical Centers is on the cutting edge of technology and equipment to ensure that we can provide the most advanced care for our patients.
Don’t wait! If you’re having a medical emergency go to the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
ER Reserve lets you request a time (up to 12 hours in advance) in the ER for non-life-threatening injuries or illnesses such as:
- Sore throat
- Cough or cold
- Muscle strains and sprains
Fast Facts about Aiken's ED
Facts about our ED are listed below.
- 35 beds with nine minor care rooms for non-emergent care
- Care for more than 51,000 patients annually
- Newly renovated and updated treatment area adjacent to triage
- Bedside registration
- Nursing staff present to immediately assess patient's condition upon arrival
- Highly trained and experienced professional staff
- Direct access to radiology
- Radiology suite in the ED
- Direct access to pharmacy
- 24/7 pharmacy coverage
- 24/7 Hospitalist coverage for ED inpatient admissions
- Specialty consults available as needed
If you are having an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately!
For other concerns or questions, call the Emergency Department at 803-641-5100.