Aiken Regional to Hold Open House at New Freestanding Emergency Department
Aiken Regional Medical Centers will host an Open House on Monday, August 8 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., to kick off the opening of its new freestanding emergency department – ER at Sweetwater. Located off I-20 Exit 5 at 160 Austin Graybill Road, North Augusta, SC 29860, the new ER at Sweetwater will provide emergency care 24-hours a day, seven days a week for all ages. ER at Sweetwater will open to provide care for patients on Tuesday, August 9 at 8 a.m.
The Open House event will provide attendees and media the opportunity to hear from Jim O’Loughlin, chief executive officer of Aiken Regional Medical Centers who will provide additional details about the facility and its services.
“We are excited to open our first freestanding emergency department,” says Jim O’Loughlin, chief executive officer of Aiken Regional Medical Centers. “By expanding our emergency services into North Augusta we are able to better meet the needs of our growing community with access to emergency care for residents in and around the Sweetwater area. This facility will offer the same level of care as our hospital-based emergency room, provide care for a range of health issues and will care and treat patients who are experiencing everything from chest pain and symptoms of stroke to minor scrapes and sprains.”
Open House Agenda
- 1:00 p.m. – Attendees Arrive
- 1:05 – 1:20 p.m. – Opening Remarks
- 1:20 – 1:25 p.m. – Ribbon Cutting & Photo Opportunity
- 1:25 p.m. – Doors Open
- 1:30 – 1:50 p.m. – Media Interviews
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Open House & Facility Tours
Stats about ER at Sweetwater:
- Six (6) Exams Rooms
- Three (3) Rapid Treatment Areas
- Total of 10 treatment areas
- Private exam rooms
- Total square feet – 10,884
- Full-service laboratory and imaging services
- Direct admission to Aiken Regional Medical Centers, if needed, or transfer to a hospital of choice
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; continuously staffed by a physician
We encourage visitors to properly wear face coverings and practice hand hygiene. Please do not attend if you are not feeling well.
For more information about the ER at Sweetwater freestanding emergency department, please visit ERSweetwater.com.