Aiken Regional sponsors RUN UNITED which benefits the United Way of Aiken County.
As a leading healthcare facility, Aiken Regional Medical Centers (Aiken Regional) is committed to supporting the community it serves. This includes providing community members with direct patient care and making financial contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations that directly aid individuals and families in need of assistance. In 2019, Aiken Regional contributed $154,000 to nonprofit organizations in and around Aiken County.
“It’s important to our hospital, as a whole, that we continue to support organizations in our community,” said Jim O’Loughlin, Chief Executive Officer at Aiken Regional Medical Centers. "Many of our associates also volunteer their time and donate to the organizations we support. There are numerous non-profits in our area that directly impact our patients, colleagues and neighbors. Creating and maintaining strong community relationships is vital to both the hospital and those organizations’ initiatives, research and growth.”
Aiken Regional focuses its philanthropic giving on three main areas: healthcare, education and community. In 2019, direct financial support of community organizations included, but was not limited to:
- Aiken County Family YMCA
- Aiken County Public School District
- Aiken Development Partnership
- Aiken Steeplechase Association
- Aiken Technical College Foundation
- Aiken Together
- Alzheimer’s Association®
- American Cancer Society®
- American Heart Association®
- Area Churches Together Serving (ACTS)
- The Axel Adams Foundation
- Child Advocacy Center
- Children's Place
- The Community Medical Clinic of Aiken County
- The Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons, Inc.
- Helping Hands, Inc.
- The Kevin and Brittany Kisner Foundation
- Leadership Aiken County
- Mental Health America of Aiken County
- Pearl Friends
- Rural Health Services Inc.
- University of South Carolina Aiken
- United Way of Aiken County