We've Long Been at the Forefront
Aiken Regional Medical Centers has long been at the forefront of adopting advanced medical technology in cardiovascular care.
- 1991 — Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- 1992 — Coronary balloon angioplasty
- 1993 — Coronary stenting
- 1996 — Open heart surgery program launched
- 1998 — Peripheral artery stenting
- 1998 — Acute stroke interventional program started
- 2000 — Biventricular pacemaker for heart failure
- 2002 — Stent graft procedure for abdominal aortic aneurysms
- 2003 — Cardiac defibrillator implantation
- 2010 — Interventional procedure for structural heart defects
- 2014 — World's smallest insertable cardiac
Find a Doctor for Cardiovascular Care
For more information about the Cardiovascular Institute of Carolina, call 803-641-5551. To make an appointment with a cardiologist, please contact our Direct Doctors Plus® physician referral line at 800-322-8322.