The Latest on the COVID-19 Vaccine
Here at Aiken Regional, we want to provide you with necessary information about the COVID-19 vaccine availability and distribution. Our hospital follows all protocols and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulations related to administering the new COVID-19 vaccine to those outlined in the current phase, as directed by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC). Vaccine distribution is following a phased approach to ensure those who are healthcare workers and at highest risk receive the vaccine first.
While the initial supply of the new vaccines is limited, it is undeniably encouraging news that these new vaccines will help in our society’s fight against the pandemic.
The health and safety of our patients, guests, team and community is Aiken Regional’s highest priority.
Who Can Receive the Vaccine?
Currently, all South Carolinians age 16 and older can get their COVID-19 vaccine. If you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please complete the following form so our team can add you to the CDC's VAMS system. For more information on eligibility, visit the SCDHEC website.
Important items to note:
- You only need to submit one form per person.
- The CDC VAMS system requires an email address from each individual requesting a vaccine. You will use this email address to register and login to the VAMS system, as well as schedule your appointment.
- Each registrant requires a unique, individual email address. The CDC VAMS system will not allow two individuals to register with the same email address.
- Once you are registered by our team, you will receive an email from the CDC with a link to register and schedule your appointment in the VAMS system.
- VAMS works best in Google Chrome web browser but can be accessed via any browser except Internet Explorer.
- Appointments are based on the availability of vaccine.
Please be patient. We are working on details surrounding the new vaccination process as quickly as possible.
Find a Vaccine Clinic
To find available vaccine clinic locations, visit SCDHEC or call the SCDHEC Care Line at 855-472-3432.
As You Await the Vaccine
As our community awaits access to the vaccine, we encourage continued vigilance to slow the spread of COVID-19 – wear a mask, social distance, wash hands often and refrain from large crowds.
Thank you for your continued patience and flexibility as we work through the new vaccination process.