Aiken Regional Medical Centers (ARMC) is a 245-bed acute care hospital that serves Aiken and its surrounding counties. The hospital, which opened in 1917, has been at its current location since 1976.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, Pennsylvania-based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation. More than 120 physicians representing 40-plus specialties are on the medical staff at Aiken Regional Medical Centers. Ninety-two percent of the medical staff are board certified, many in multiple specialties.
- Our Emergency Department treats more than 54,000 people each year.
- The Women's LifeCare Center delivers more than 1,200 babies every year.
- More than 4,800 surgical procedures are performed each year.
- All patient rooms are private (except Aurora Pavilion).
- We are consistently one of the top-ranked hospitals in the nation for quality measures in pneumonia care.
- We are recognized by South Carolina Emergency Management as having the #1 Incident Command System in the state.
- We are the only storm-ready healthcare facility in the CSRA, as named by the National Weather Service.
With a rich heritage, quaint towns, and pristine beauty - balanced with a diverse economic base, numerous exciting activities, and a cosmopolitan flair - the Aiken area offers something for everyone in a friendly, accommodating and attractive setting. Aiken is known for its progressive business approach, award-winning schools, moderate climate, sporting events, affordable housing, and health and lifestyle amenities that attract residents and visitors alike. Aiken's proximity to Interstate 20 and major cities like Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte and Savannah makes it ideally situated for business.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers offers employees a comprehensive set of benefits — Learn more >
When you need to find a doctor for yourself or your family, our FREE Direct Doctors Plus physician referral service can help.
OR SEARCH OUR PHYSICIAN DIRECTORY