Aiken Regional Medical Centers- The Only Medical Storm Facility in the CSRA
Aiken, SC (July 1, 2011) — The National Weather Service has certified Aiken Regional Medical Centers (ARMC) RMC as a Storm Ready Facility making it the only healthcare facility in the CSRA, and only the second in the State of South Carolina to have received this designation. The certification came after more than a year of preparation by ARMC.
Over the past year Aiken Regional has teamed up with Aiken County Emergency Management and the National Weather Service to implement a series of steps to help prepare the facility to face a variety of potential severe weather events. These actions include:
- Train and certify ARMC staff members as Severe Weather Spotters
- Install new weather alert radios throughout the facility
- Partner with members of the Ham Radio community to receive timely reports of severe weather in the area.
- Purchase equipment to self sustain for up to 96 hours in the event of a disaster
- Develop and implement a new policy for severe weather situations
- Implemented a new notification system to alert employees of severe weather while they are at work and at home
When you need to find a doctor for yourself or your family, our FREE Direct Doctors Plus physician referral service can help.
OR SEARCH OUR PHYSICIAN DIRECTORY